Sunday, February 13, 2011

Everything Wendy Vecchi Challenges

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to join in on the weekly challenges over at Everything Wendy Vecchi using her techniques from  her wonderful books (she has three right now and a fourth that was released at CHA in January) each week. I did the first two..yippee!!  The first one was late but I have managed to get the second one in on time.  Here they both are.
This is the first I created based on an ATC that Wendy created from her 1st book page 16.  We were to use a  butterfly.  I used Wendy's stamp sets Be Inspired...Make Art and Card Art Essentials and also Hero Arts butterfly stamp.  I stamped the butterfly on Wendy's Clearly Art and colored it with Tim Holtz alcohol inks. Just heated it up and fixed it how I wanted it AND IT STAYS!  I absolutely LOVE this stuff.  Now it is coming out in white and black. Cannot wait.  The scalloped border is from Wendy's Art Parts which I also LOVE. I used Stampin' Up pearls (these are FABULOUS) and you can order them here.  I used Tim Holtz color wash on the background along with Perfect Pearls Mist.  The flower was also done in color wash but I painted it on with a brush and used white ink on it also.  The words are from Wendy and I stamped them out and cut them a part inking them with distress ink.  I used a gel pen over Heart.

This is the 2nd challenge.   On this you were supposed to use a chipboard flower and Wendy's technique from here.  The chipboard flowers I have had forever but the stem is from Wendy's Art Parts.  I also used the stamp set Be Inspired...Make Art and Card Art Essentials.  I used the plaid background stamp for the technique but it is really hard to see.  I think maybe my white ink was not as juicy as it should have been. Also used Tim Holtz Distress Ink, stickles and  some misc ribbon I had in my stash.

Let me know  what you think.

Happy Creating,
Shirley

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are just great. Lovin' that Wendy Vecchi. Good mix of Tim stuff, too! That Clearly Art material looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete